Perkins Global Innovation Scholarship
The aim of the Perkins Global Innovation Scholarship - worth £5,000 in travel and accommodationis is to support international travel and professional development opportunities for Members of the Guild.
It is open to both journalists and communicators excited by the prospect of seeing farming innovation first-hand in Latin America, China and India and gaining a greater understanding of agriculture in the country they visit and its wider region.
Perkins Engines Co is supporting three annual travel scholarships - Brazil in 2016, China in 2017 and India in 2018.
The winner will join an organised four-day programme at the start of the trip visiting innovative farms and businesses with Perkins, but will then be free to undertake their own travel and activities. Perkins and the Guild will help the winner plan and organise their trip to suit their interests, and help with introductions in these countries.
The objectives of the award are as follows:
1. To support the professional development of the winner;
2. To ensure strong social media, blog and post-trip media coverage of the winner’s findings;
3. To enhance links and networking between the British Guild and journalists/communicators in the host country.
Winners must commit to the following:
1. A blog is kept during the trip;
2. Social media activity before, during and after the trip;
3. Inclusion of good photography and/or video from the trip;
4. Maximum post-trip media coverage;
5. A short post-trip ‘reflections’ report;
6. A presentation about your trip at a BGAJ event.
To apply for the Perkins Global Innovation Scholarship - China 2017 open the .pdf document here.
Trip open to three paying delegates
Each of the three visits are also open to Members of the Guild paying their own costs, joining the four-day organised programme before moving on to their own itinerary.