Members of the Guild who specialise in PR can buy a tailored professional indemnity (PI) insurance policy, negotiated with Blyth Valley, an online insurance provider that specialises in serving clients in the PR, marketing, communications and IT industries. Blyth Valley has been insurance advisor to the Chartered Institute of Public Relations since 1999.
"We're pleased to offer a service to such a well-established and respected association," says Valerie Hockley, Blyth Valley's Partnership's Director. "We're available to support Guild members because although we operate an online service, our account handlers are always at the end of the phone to answer questions."
The policy is underwritten by Hiscox – a leading insurer of professional services businesses and can be purchased, along with public liability, employers' liability, office and laptop insurance on the Blyth Valley's website.
Professional Indemnity insurance is becoming an essential protection for members in the 'new professions' such as PR, marketing and IT, with clients often requiring such cover before awarding a consultancy contract. It protects policyholders against claims made by dissatisfied clients, covering the cost of lawyers' fees in defending any allegations or claims, as well as paying compensation or the cost of putting mistakes right if the policyholder is in the wrong.
For Guild members, Professional Indemnity insurance will:
- protect your financial interests
- minimise disruption to your business
- pay your fees if a dissatisfied client simply refuses to pay you.
- cover the costs of rectifying a mistake
- protect you even if the claim against you is not valid.
The policy from Blyth Valley will also protect you against claims made against you resulting from:
- the dishonesty of your employees, partners or directors
- defamation infringement of intellectual property rights
- negligent misstatement or misrepresentation
- loss of documents or data – professional indemnity insurance protects you against claims made by dissatisfied clients.
Find out more using the link below or phone Gemma, the Blyth Valley contact for Guild members, on 0845 370 9040. Alternatively, ask for the New Business Sales Team. Questions about the policy can be sent to GAJ@blyth-valley.co.uk