Published on 24th September 2021
Marketing & Communications Executives Cereals & Oilseeds - AHDB
At the Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB), we inspire our farmers, growers and industry to succeed in a rapidly changing world. Working at AHDB, you won’t just be helping our farmers produce the food we eat and look after our environment, you’ll be helping shape the future of food production and leaving a legacy for the next generation.
Based in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire, we are currently recruiting for two Marketing & Communications Executives (Marcomms) to join our team. One of these roles is permanent, and the other is a fixed term contract until December 2021.
Both roles have responsibility for supporting campaigns and projects through a ‘digital first’ approach to communication and would suit proactive and diligent individuals with strong written skills and the ability to interpret and deliver technical information in an engaging manner.
- Support the delivery of defined marcomms projects and campaigns within the Cereals & Oilseeds sector/AHDB communications plan
- Support the concept of ‘digital first’ approach to communications with teams and colleagues with experience of writing engaging web content, email marketing tools, social scheduling and project management software
- Facilitate relationship with in-house production and digital teams, suppliers and agencies
- Establish and maintain contact with the industry through participation in meetings/events/open days as required (travel required across UK)
- Maintain relationships with internal and external communication stakeholders and industry
- To work across the team to ensure consistent, high quality outputs and AHDB brand integrity
- Identify opportunities to deliver better value for money and to improve processes
- Generate technical and / or corporate content for delivery across sector media, events, newsletter and digital channels
- Complete storyboard and film video for specific campaigns or events
- Work with Media and PR to draft content for press releases and articles
- Support the digital team to generate sector social media collateral, to include images and tweets
- Ideally hold a professional qualification in communications (CIPR, CIM, PRCA) with practical experience of campaign management, either in communications or marketing
- Excellent writing and planning skills with the ability to understand complex or technical issues and translate them into simple, compelling and engaging accurate copy
- Experience of using digital editing software to produce multimedia content – podcasts, videos and visuals.
- Proven experience of writing and increasing engagement on digital platforms (web and social)
- Strong editorial judgement to get to the nub of the story
- Good team player and natural collaborator
- An interest or knowledge of agriculture desirable, although not essential
Benefits – here are just a few things we offer to attract and retain the right people:
- An extensive benefits package including 33 days annual leave plus one privilege day (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- A single private medical health scheme
- Life assurance cover (4 x salary)
- A market-leading defined contribution pension scheme with Legal & General
- Excellent training and development opportunities and an agreed development plan
- Applause Awards – every three months we celebrate employees who embrace our values; the core moral principles that are at the heart of everything we do
- Ambitious in Agriculture Awards – annual awards announced at staff conference in December
- Access to government Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Perkbox membership – this gives you a huge number of online discounts and savings
To apply, use this link to select the role on the AHDB careers web page and then click the ‘Apply for this role’ button.
Call 02476 935722 if you require any further information.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.