Published on 29th April 2021
AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT EDITOR - FARMERS WEEKLY
Who are we?
Mark Allen Group is a trusted, family-owned media organisation. A continuously expanding business with over 400 employees, we drive, connect and educate audiences. Mark Allen Group consists of seven divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Music Leisure & Travel and MA Dentistry Media.
Why join us?
- Training and career development is as important to us as it is to you. We want you to be the best at what you do.
- We will offer you a fair and competitive salary.
- Flexible working available. We believe in a work life balance.
- To start you will have 25 days holiday to enjoy which increases after continuous service.
- Know anyone else who would love to join us? Great! You can earn £500 by referring a colleague or friend once you are an employee.
- Equality - we have an internal employee network for equality.
- The company will pay the cost of a standard eye test once every two years or sooner if recommended by an optician.
- Life assurance eligible from day one.
- Cycle scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Company sick pay.
- Christmas closure.
What is the opportunity?
Want to join a great team at a historic time for farming and food produ
Farmers Weekly is looking for an audience development editor. This is an exciting new role that sits with in our editorial team with responsibility for driving online engagement via all platforms across the brand.
The audience development editor is a key cog in the wider, 60-strong, Farmers Weekly team, acting as a critical conduit that connects editorial with sales, marketing and product.
The role has one direct report.
- Contributing to and promoting projects and events across web, print and social
- Developing new content ideas to drive readers to the website
- A farming background, or a genuine interest in farming
- Track record of effectively implementing social media strategies to promote events and projects
- Ability to write engaging copy and posts for the Farmers Weekly audience
- Ability to generate content ideas that will engage readers as much as advertisers
- Good collaborator and communicator
- Commercial acumen
- Producing reports through Sprout and Google Analytics to inform and guide the team
- Delivering on community-focused projects such as Farmers Apprentice and Britain’s Fittest Farmer
- Providing an outlook to the wider editorial team on projects coming down the track
- Being the guardian of social media standards across the team, setting the strategy for our brand and ensuring the best results for our commercial partners
- Managing the community reporter
- Overseeing delivery of the Farmlife & Community section of the magazine
- Building key relationships externally and internally
- Understanding of the key social media trends
- Demonstrative experience of running social media channels to engage and grow an audience
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 14.05.2021
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, flexible working.
Office base: Sutton, Surrey head office and involves UK and occasional international travel.
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the family-run Mark Allen Group.