Published on 6th January 2022
VetPartners is looking for a talented, experienced and knowledgeable PR and Communications Manager to develop and grow PR for its farm section.
Established in November 2015, VetPartners is made up of some of the UK’s most respected and trusted small animal, equine, mixed and farm practices.
Led by vets, VetPartners has 178 veterinary practices, with more than 7,000 employees working in around 550 sites across the UK and from its headquarters in York. Following European expansion in 2019, the group now has practices in Italy and France and is anticipating further growth in 2021.
VetPartners encourages its practices to embrace their independent spirit, while supporting them by investing in people, facilities and latest technology so they can provide an outstanding service to farmers to help enhance the health, welfare and productivity of UK livestock.
Its existing farm vet network includes LLM Farm Vets, Garth Pig Vets, Clyde Veterinary Group, Westpoint Farm Vets and Parklands Veterinary Group. In addition, VetPartners has some of the UK’s leading production animal health businesses, including Biobest Laboratories, Kingshay Independent Dairy Specialists and Poultry Health Services.
VetPartners aims to be a great place to work, focusing on the development and wellbeing of its people
VetPartners provides centralised support tailored to individual practice requirements in areas from HR to finance, IT and marketing, PR and communications.
Working in collaboration with our practices, we focus on investing in practices to improve quality of care for patients, investing in people and providing centralised business support to enable practices to be clinically led.
We pride ourselves in being:
- People focused
Job Title: PR and Communications Farm Manager
Reports To: PR and Communications Director
Travel Required: Regular UK Travel
Location: Home Based
Position Type: Permanent
We’re looking for a talented, experienced and knowledgeable PR and Communications Manager to develop and grow PR for our farm section.
VetPartners has some of the best-known farm practices across the UK, including Westpoint Farm Vets, LLM Farm Vets, Penbode Farm Vets, Clyde Veterinary Group, Parklands Veterinary Group and Garth Pig Vets.
In addition, the group also contains some of the UK’s leading production animal health businesses, including Biobest Laboratories, Kingshay Independent Dairy Specialists and Poultry Health Services.
Reporting directly to the Senior PR and Communications Manager, your primary role is to drive our PR activity for VetPartners’ farm section and our farm practices across UK.
A sound knowledge of farming and the issues facing the farm industry is essential, along with contacts within the farming media. A journalism background would be an advantage in this role.
You will be required to write press releases for national, regional, farming and veterinary press, TV and radio and maintain our impressive track record of achieving extensive coverage for VetPartners and its practices. You will also help to prepare engaging content for farming publications, our in-house newsletter, website, intranet and social media.
You should be a capable and confident operator, with excellent writing ability and news sense, strong organisational and verbal communication skills, and an ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with practices.
You will be expected to work under your own steam and manage an extensive workload using strong time management skills.
The position will be home-based, but you will be required to travel to our practices across the UK, as well as our headquarters in York.
This role requires a truly flexible approach, with a combination of high levels of responsibility and ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
If you love PR, communications and the farming world, we’d love to talk to you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Write attention-grabbing press releases and generate positive coverage in farming and veterinary publications and regional newspapers, TV and radio.
- Research and write interesting copy for websites, newsletters and social media.
- Be the internal expert and go-to person for advice and support on Farm PR activities.
- Oversee our media profile. This will involve directly liaising with journalists, responding to press enquiries as well as proactively generating positive coverage to promote our work and impact.
- Contribute to integrated internal communication strategies, including intranet, internal Facebook page and our in-house newsletter that helps to embed the vision and direction of VetPartners to our teams.
- Keep track of emerging issues within the farm sector to ensure we are seen as a key commentator on relevant subjects.
- Attend regular meetings with our Farm Director and our practice marketing team, as well as participate in brainstorming and planning sessions.
- Prepare and continually update our press contacts list.
- At least five years’ experience in a PR role. Experience as a newspaper journalist with NCTJ-accredited qualifications preferred, but not essential.
- Sound knowledge of farming matters and the issues and challenges facing the sector.
- Excellent writing skills and news sense, with an impressive cuttings portfolio that showcases your talent
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, can-do attitude and good people skills.
- Highly organised and results-focused, with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, and establish excellent relationships with practice teams, colleagues and journalists.
- Versatile writing skills that enable you to write for a variety of platforms – online, print, social media and internal communications.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com