Published on 14th August 2019
Corporate Communications Executive
Quality Meat Scotland
An exciting opportunity supporting iconic brands
Scotland’s red meat industry contributes more than £2 billion to our economy and proudly produces the iconic Scotch Beef PGI, Scotch Lamb PGI and Specially Selected Pork brands.
Quality Meat Scotland (QMS), the organisation behind these brands, is looking to recruit a Corporate Communications Executive to support the Corporate Communications Manager.
You will have experience of the agriculture industry and be confident in developing a range of communications across a variety of media including press releases, podcasts, industry videos, industry facing communications and promoting the work that we do to support the Scottish red meat industry.
You will also play a key role in supporting QMS’s Corporate Communications Manager to protect our industry from misinformation.
The successful applicant will play a key role in bringing specialised skills and knowledge of agriculture to the communications team and know how to use this to have a positive impact on the reputation of our brands.
This full-time post is Edinburgh-based and on occasion will require travel throughout Scotland and elsewhere in the UK. A competitive remuneration package will be offered with a starting salary reflecting qualifications and experience.
A job description is below. To apply for this role, please request an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about QMS can be found at www.qmscotland.co.uk.
Closing date for receipt of completed application form is 5.00pm on Wednesday, 28tAugust 2019.
Corporate Communications Executive
Responsible to: Corporate Communications Manager
Main purpose of job: To support the Corporate Communications Manager to provide high quality communications and PR to promote our industry work to our key stakeholders and to both develop our industry and protect our industry from misinformation.
Location: This post is Edinburgh-based and requires travel throughout Scotland and very occasionally elsewhere in the UK
Hours: 35 hours Monday – Friday However, given the nature of the role there may be some flexibility of working hours, with occasional weekend and evening working.
- Support the Corporate Communications Manager with the development of key messages and campaigns to protect and develop the Scottish red meat industry.
- Lead on our industry communications to promote the work that we do to our levy payers and key stakeholders.
- Develop a variety of channels to promote our industry development work, including podcasts, webinars, and written media.
- Produce in house industry videos to show case our activities and events.
- Work with specialist contractors to produce and develop feature videos.
- Lead on the development and delivery of a number of industry facing events across Scotland
- Produce a high-quality weekly e- newsletter for our key industry stakeholders.
- Produce high quality QMS publication/newsletter four times per year.
- Review/maintain our industry facing and specialist monitor farm Scotland website and ensure that is reflective of the quality of work that we produce.
- Work alongside our Industry Development team to ensure key messages from knowledge transfer events are cascaded to industry and events are promoted to industry ahead of time.
- High standard of education with a strong overall knowledge of the Scottish agriculture industry and ideally the red meat sector.
- A working knowledge of producing podcasts, short films and webinars.
- Strong writer with technical understanding of farming issues.
- Experience of managing day to day relationships with suppliers.
- Strong project management skills, time management and persuasive written and verbal communications.
- Competent with the practical use of WordPress and Microsoft business systems.
- A total team player who cares about being a brand guardian.
- Strong professional communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
- Hard-working and dedicated to the team with a sleeves-rolled-up determination to ‘get the job done’
- A strong customer and consumer focus and willing to ‘go the extra mile’ and ‘not settle for second best’
- Sees the ‘Big Picture’ while being able to listen to, consider and appreciate the opinions of management and colleagues
Salary Band 2
Currently £24,000.00 - £38,000.00 per annum plus 10% company pension contribution, enhanced sickness and maternity pay schemes, death in service benefit and 36 days holiday per year, including statutory holidays.
PLEASE QUOTE BRITISH GUILD OF AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISTS WHEN RESPONDING
Companies and other organisations can use this recruitment advertising service to put full vacancy details in front of the Guild's 350+ members involved in editing, journalism, photography and commercial marketing communications, including media and public relations. More details about this service are available on the Guild website here or by contacting Peter Hill.