Published on 9th July 2019
Ipswich-based Early Bird Farming Publications is recruiting an editor for the leading farming magazine Farmers Guide.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great business at an exciting time, which is seeing growth and new opportunities opening on a regular basis.
The editor will be responsible for the production, design, content and direction of the magazine, working with the relevant teams to ensure a high quality product is produced on time.
Working with the sales team, management and production, the editor will plan the content of the publication for the coming issues based on the agricultural calendar and commercial requirements.
The magazine is divided by section, including arable, machinery, livestock and the UK’s largest agricultural classified section. The editor will oversee these in terms of editorial, working with relevant team members and freelancers.
Farmers Guide is created by a small team, which includes advertising sales, editorial and even our own in-house studio.
- Total responsibility for the content in the magazine
- Working with the editorial team to create content
- Writing content
- Editing and overseeing the subbing of incoming copy and press releases
- Planning features in advance
- Editing copy on screen with InCopy or InDesign
- Working to editorial/advertising ratios set by management
- Laying out the magazine
- Writing online news, features and SEO content
- Working with our in-house studio to create the finished publication
- Representing the magazine through various events and launches
- Experience in editing a magazine
- Full driving licence (we have branded Land Rovers)
- Agricultural knowledge
- Ability to manage editorial and freelance staff
- Knowledge in MS office
- Ability to use Adobe products
- Ability to work with various departments
- Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this important post, email your application to Greg Goulding: email@example.com.