Published on 12th October 2019
Jimmy Birchmore Events is seeking a highly organised person to join the company's small specialist team as an Event Co-ordinator to support its growth.
Work is a mixture of indoor and outdoor exhibition stand design and build, corporate events and event management. The role is ideally full-time, although could be adapted to part-time working for the right candidate.
The role is based at Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, with some travel and occasional weekend work and nights away.
The role requires attention to detail, multi-tasking, good communication and IT skills. The individual must be pro-active, adaptable and have a positive friendly outlook.
It would suit an individual with some event or exhibition experience looking to progress with the company and gain further responsibility within the team. In return, competitive salary and a range of flexible benefits are offered.
Please apply via email to email@example.com including a covering letter, your CV, remuneration expectations and reasons why you feel this opportunity is the right one for you.
For further information, visit the Jimmy Birchmore Events website: www.jimmybirchmore.com
Job Description: Event Co-ordinator
1. MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
To work with the Senior Event Managers, Director and broader team to ensure existing and future client needs are met in a professional manner and the internal company processes are efficient and timely.
2. DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
To assist the Senior Event Managers and Director with all tasks relating to the delivery of selected client projects particularly through;
- Attending client meetings
- Collating and recording requirements
- Liaising with other team members to progress plans, costs and schedules
- Briefing third party suppliers and gathering quotations
- Researching and liaising with new suppliers
- Preparing quotations and presentations for clients
- Maintaining project documents including tick sheets and budgets
- Keeping track of project progress and remaining tasks
- Maintaining timely and professional communications with clients
- Developing appropriate level of detail into supplier orders and contractor work
- Ensuring relevant deadlines and specifications are met
- Fulfilling exhibitor manual requirements
- Co-ordinating work and order schedules for multi-client events
- On-site co-ordination of projects, liaison with suppliers, contractors and clients
To fully contribute as part of our core team to the accurate, timely and efficient implementation of various internal company processes particularly through;
- Maintaining accurate storage of documents on the company server
- Awareness of and acting on relevant deadlines and timeframes
- Maintaining project tick sheets and highlighting of requirements
- Liaising with team members regarding crew sheets, kit lists and operational schedules
- Preparation of stand packs
- Archiving and general administration
To assist with the practical side of our work alongside our broader team particularly through;
- Support in the general operation of the store
- Packing items ready for courier
- Checking of graphics and various materials in advance of events
- Preparation and loading of equipment
- On-site build up and breakdown activity
- Unloading and returning equipment to store
- Maintaining client and general equipment inventories
To ensure the following essential company characteristics are understood by suppliers, and delivered to clients and that they underpin all activity;
- Listening and fully understanding objectives
- Pride in our work
- Attention to detail / accuracy
- Hard work and commitment
- Delivering no matter what / dependable
- Best practice / safety
- Nice people to work with
PLEASE QUOTE BRITISH GUILD OF AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISTS WHEN RESPONDING
Companies and other organisations can use this recruitment advertising service to put full vacancy details in front of the Guild's 350+ members involved in editing, journalism, photography and commercial marketing communications, including media and public relations. More details about this service are available on the Guild website here or by contacting Peter Hill.