Published on 10th August 2019
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) is looking for a skilled communicator to take up a role in its Marcomms team delivering for British agriculture.
Looking for an exciting, fast-paced Marcomms executive role with experience of communications delivery in an industry which is rarely out of the news?
Are you great at story-telling and creating compelling digital content? Do you generate ideas, creativity and have the passion to get the audience engaged?
Do you have the knack for understanding complex or technical subjects and are able to produce simple, engaging and accurate copy to inspire business to take new approaches?
Have you got strong editorial judgement to get to the nub of the story?
As a Marcomms Executive, you will be based in Stoneleigh, Warwickshire. You will be responsible for supporting operational and tactical strategies as part of the pork sector communications plan.
Reporting to the Senior Marcomms Manager for the sector, you will work alongside knowledge exchange, animal health, market intelligence and domestic marketing colleagues to deliver hard–hitting, relevant information to the UK’s diverse range of farmers and growers.
You will use the marketing mix and appropriate channels to provide digestible, persuasive, relevant and useful communications to farmers and industry stakeholders to assert action.
Experience and skills:
- Campaign management (either communications or marketing)
- Writing and increasing engagement on digital platforms (web and social)
- Effective influencing skills
- Strong team player and natural collaborator
- Excellent writing and planning skills with the ability to understand complex or technical issues and translate them into simple, compelling and engaging accurate copy
- Strong editorial judgement
- Knowledgeable in professional area, including reasonable level of practical experience
- Agricultural background and experience desirable but not essential
- May have relevant entry level professional qualification in communications e.g. CIPR, CIM, PRCA
Supported by colleagues in AHDB’s events, digital, CRM and Media & PR teams, you will deliver against KPIs and defined budget allocation. You’ll tackle a range of sector–specific topics across our technical, market development and market intelligence teams.
AHDB is here to inspire our farmers, growers and industry to succeed in a rapidly changing world – as our Corporate Strategy explains.
For further details about the team, see our YouTube video.
What our roles can offer you
- Potential career development
- The opportunity to apply your communications skills in an industry, which is firmly on the national agenda
- Exposure to a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role along with your current CV
Closing Date: 13th August 2019
Salary Range: £25,500 - £30,000
Contract Type: Permanent
For application details visit our website: www.ahdb.org.uk
To apply, you must be a British citizen or be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
PLEASE QUOTE BRITISH GUILD OF AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISTS WHEN RESPONDING
Companies and other organisations can use this recruitment advertising service to put full vacancy details in front of the Guild's 350+ members involved in editing, journalism, photography and commercial marketing communications, including media and public relations. More details about this service are available on the Guild website here or by contacting Peter Hill.