Published on 23rd October 2019
Join the LEAF team: Marketing and Communications Manager
Leading sustainable farming organisation, LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Manager based at Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire.
The successful applicant will lead and deliver the strategy and campaigns for LEAF’s PR and social media strategy, including our campaigns digital marketing and communications, across multi-media (e.g. web, print, email and social media).
You will use your keen analytical mindset to help identify opportunities to support business growth. Working with our small team, you will create and deploy engaging and varied marketing campaigns, utilising your extensive marketing experience to help increase LEAF’s profile and engagement. Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders the successful candidate will be results driven, an excellent communicator and motivator and a strong team leader and player.
Full time (35 hours) - Permanent – Competitive Salary and Pension – Immediate Start
Email applications (please send CV) or for further details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 2nd January 2020.
Marketing and Communications Manager reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
Line management responsibilities – PR & Publications Coordinator and Marketing Assistant
- To lead, develop and deliver LEAF’s marketing strategy and campaigns in order to service members, raise awareness and increase income; manage the delivery of the Publications and PR communications plan in order to ensure a coherent communication output that delivers the commercial outcomes defined in the Strategy.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop, and deliver the marketing and communications strategy and plan within budget, leading the web based and social media portfolio whilst supporting the publications and PR portfolio; working in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with key partners and agencies that support the delivery of the marketing and communication strategy and plan ensuring quality outcomes and value for money
- Maintain and develop the LEAF websites and social media working with key individuals in respect of content functionality and design
- Lead Marketing and communications meetings and teleconferences
- Sign off all LEAF’s communication material to ensure a cohesive and consistent brand message and technical accuracy (working in collaboration with internal stakeholders and the Marketing Team)
- Coordinate the ordering and stock control of all publications and marketing/promotional materials.
Key Skills and Person Specification
Skills and Experience:
- CIM Level 3/4 Diploma or equivalent experience
- Experienced in strategic and operational planning
- Experience of collaborative working and directing third parties
- Computer literate (IMac preferred) and able to use current design software
- Copy writing experience
- Good communications, presentation and influencing skills
- Good organisational and programme/project planning skills
- Understanding of video production
- Ability to use current video editing software
- Experience with budget planning
- Able to work independently to deadlines and as part of a small team
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and able to deal with short notice demands and requests for support
- Confident communicator, team player and able to listen to and influence others
- An interest in food, farming and the countryside
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive and does not form part of contract terms. It is a summary of the functions and responsibilities and, like all such documents, will be amended from time to time, in the light of the changing needs of LEAF.
PLEASE QUOTE BRITISH GUILD OF AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISTS WHEN RESPONDING
Companies and other organisations can use this recruitment advertising service to put full vacancy details in front of the Guild's 350+ members involved in editing, journalism, photography and commercial marketing communications, including media and public relations. More details about this service are available on the Guild website here or by contacting Peter Hill.