Published on 8th October 2019
The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board is looking for a skilled technical editor and writer who could shape its communications of applied horticultural R&D.
Would you fit into an ambitious communications team?
Are you great at story-telling and creating compelling content? Do you generate ideas, have creative flair and the passion to get your audience engaged?
Do you have the knack for understanding complex or technical subjects? Can you produce simple, engaging and accurate copy to inspire business to take new approaches? Have you got strong editorial judgement to get to the nub of the story?
The AHDB is looking for a skilled communicator to take up a role in its Marcomms team delivering for British agriculture.
Reporting to the Senior Marcomms Manager, you will work alongside research and development, knowledge exchange, market intelligence and domestic marketing colleagues to deliver hard–hitting, relevant information to the UK’s diverse range of farmers and growers.
You will use the marketing mix and appropriate channels to provide digestible, persuasive, relevant and useful communications for the horticulture industry to assert action.
Could you collaborate regularly and build a network of researchers, scientists and industry leaders and specialists to produce inspiring content?
Experience and skills:
- Agricultural/Horticulture experience is desirable in the role but not essential
- Specialist communications knowledge and experience, underpinned by relevant professional qualifications or training
- Proven track record of working in a complex communication environment, managing projects and inspiring others
- Excellent skills in diagnosing a fit-for-purpose approach and developing communications in a range of media, including (ideally all of) written, graphic, web, social media and face-to-face channels.
- Related degree, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of technical writing experience with the ability to interact and engage with technical specialists and industry opinion formers
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- Supported by colleagues in AHDB’s events, digital, CRM and Media & PR teams, you will deliver against KPIs and defined budget allocation. You’ll tackle a range of sector–specific topics across our technical, market development and market intelligence teams.
AHDB is here to inspire farmers, growers and industry to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
What AHDB roles can offer you:
- Potential career development
- The opportunity to apply your communications skills in an industry firmly on the national agenda
- Exposure to a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits package
TO APPLY: PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, OUTLINING SUITABILITY FOR THE ROLE ALONG WITH CURRENT CV
Closing Date: Tuesday 15 October, 2019
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Location: Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
For application details visit our website: www.ahdb.org.uk
Please note to apply you must be a British citizen or be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
PLEASE QUOTE BRITISH GUILD OF AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISTS WHEN RESPONDING
Companies and other organisations can use this recruitment advertising service to put full vacancy details in front of the Guild's 350+ members involved in editing, journalism, photography and commercial marketing communications, including media and public relations. More details about this service are available on the Guild website here or by contacting Peter Hill.