Published on 1st July 2019
Early Bird Farming Publications is a highly successful agricultural publisher based in Ipswich, celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Farmers Guide magazine.
The company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Editor to join its team.
You will be responsible for:
- Processing and editing client PR copy.
- On completion of stories; estimate page space required for each article.
- Organise editorial content for our in-house studio design.
- Plan lead stories for ‘Features List’.
- Estimate size of magazine and layout flat-planned features as per schedule.
- Read and correct designed pages and make changes on InCopy.
- Final page proofs checked and changes made alongside studio manager.
- Create a list of articles appearing in the magazine for uploading to our website by Digital department.
- Create edit and supply pictures for the monthly Newsletter.
- Select and upload news stories to the Farmers Guide website daily.
Your previous experience will be essential for the role. we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a Production Editor role.
- Management of freelancers.
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently.
- Good IT knowledge, use of MS office packages.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Good communication skills for working with internal team to ensure smooth running of production process.
- Able to work well with sales to ensure timely features on a commercial basis.
- Exposure or interest in agriculture would be desirable but not essential.
If you feel you have the relevant experience, please contact Greg Goulding at Farmers Guide by emailing email@example.com.
No agencies please.