Published on 5th May 2021
An exciting career opportunity has arisen at Holstein UK to oversee all internal and external communications and ensure all content is in line with the corporate Marketing and Communications strategy.
Holstein UK is a member-owned organisation aimed at assisting members in breeding profitable, robust and productive dairy cattle. It was formed in 1999 from the merger of the Holstein Friesian Society (founded in 1909 as the British Holstein Cattle Society) and the British Holstein Society (founded in 1946).
The charity is also the parent of two subsidiary companies, the Cattle Information Service (CIS) and the National Bovine Data Centre (NBDC) and is organiser of UK Dairy Day, an annual trade event for the dairy industry.
Holstein UK is dedicated to innovation and quality and is driven to continuously improve the services offered. The Society registers all pedigree Holstein and British Friesian cattle in the UK and publishes a membership magazine, The Journal, at key times during the year with a circulation of over 6,000.
To oversee all internal and external communications and ensure all content is in line with the corporate Marketing and Communications strategy.
To work closely with the Head of Marketing and to be responsible for developing, editing and proof reading Holstein UK marketing communication including, but not limited to, The Journal, website, media releases and social media.
The Journal & Communications Editor ensures that features are topical, interesting and informative.
- Be first point of contact with Anglia Farmers for content for The Journal
- Develop themes, stories and content ideas for the relevant target audience
- Manage page planner ensuring space for the text, photos, and illustrations that make up a story
- Proof read and edit content for errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and consistency
- Rewrite copy to ensure messages are clear, consistent and targeted
- Verify facts using standard reference sources
- Liaise with journalists, content providers, photographers and other third parties
- Ensure media lists and contacts are current
- Check final versions of all communication and adhere to the approval process
- Coordinate coverage of relevant events, shows and conferences and create timely content
- Ensure that all feature articles comply with ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines
- Management of crisis communication
- Any other reasonable tasks as requested by the Head of Department.
Experience & Competencies
- A relevant degree in a related field
- Experience in Dairy Industry a must
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, proof reading and collating complex information into reports
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to juggle a wide range of competing demands
- Experience with Design Software, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Website Content Management Programs
- Creative and practical and able to work to tight deadlines
- A clear communicator who is professional and can provide exceptional customer experience
- A very committed and diligent working style
- Organised and proactive
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Weekend work may be required for events
If you are interested in the role please apply in writing by email with covering letter and CV, to Hannah Williams, Head of Marketing – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date – Monday 31st May 2021