Published on 13th October 2021
Lewis Business Media is seeking an experienced journalist to join its established content team, working across its portfolio of B2B media brands serving the UK’s agriculture sector. This is a key and varied role in a growing business with an exciting future. You will work with the existing content team to improve the quality and quantity of content produced both in print and on digital channels across various agricultural titles.
As the Deputy Editor you will be a confident copywriter able to create engaging articles as well as being a competent editor / sub-editor able to take in copy and it make ready for publication in print and on our digital channels across various agricultural titles. You will also have an in-depth knowledge of SEO and utilise this knowledge to create engaging and traffic-generating content. Responsibilities also include contributing to the social content strategy and output.
Skills / Experience
- Experience of creating original copy for both print and digital media.
- Experience of subbing copy and making pages ready for print.
- Experience of subbing copy for digital publication, factoring in SEO considerations.
- Demonstrable use of major social media platforms and related scheduling software.
- Knowledge of key search engine optimisation factors affecting content publications.
- Experience of creating multimedia content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Have a results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence content.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe suite and social media platforms.
- Committed team player.
- Experience of working with Wordpress and WYSIWYG email newsletter dispatch tools (desirable).
- Experience using Google Analytics to inform and improve content and conversion (desirable).
The role could be on an employed or freelance basis.
LBM was launched in February 2012 with one employee and zero products. The LBM group of companies has quickly grown to 25 employees and a network of 20 freelance consultants. Currently we publish eight business to business magazines, three yearbooks, eight websites, six award schemes and three conferences. More innovations and acquisitions are planned – LBM is a company going places fast!
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Simon Lewis, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org