Published on 7th September 2021
The Belgian Guild of Agricultural Journalists (BVLJ-ABJA) and the European Network of Agricultural Journalists (ENAJ) are organising a press trip to Belgium.
Themed ‘The heart of European horticulture’, thje press trip will take place from Wednesday October 6th to Friday October 8th - and up to two British Guild members will be able to attend.
Preference for the press program will be given to agricultural journalists specialising in vegetables and fruit production, research and trade. Each guild may submit two candidates, with indication of preferred journalist and one for a reserve list.
- Ardo, an international player in frozen vegetables (Belgium is market leader in frozen vegetables)
- BelOrta, one of Europe’s biggest vegetables and fruit auctions and price maker for Europe and beyond
- A horticultural research center (Proefstation voor Groenteteelt)
- A soil research centre (Scientia Terrae)
- An international organic fertiliser producer (DCM)
- A company specialised in automatisation in horticulture (Hortiplan)
- A salad producer (Goni)
- A global market leader in fresh, frozen and prepared fruit and vegetables, flowers and plants (Greenyard)
The programme starts on Wednesday at 12:00 CET and ends Friday at 15:00 CET At 15:00 CET.
The trip also represents an exciting opportunity to stay in the historical city of Mechelen, once the capital of the Netherlands, where Emperor Charles V grew up.
Fee: If you share a room, the fee for this trip is €190. Those who prefer a single room will pay €250. The fee includes most of the meals, transportation and the hotel. If sharing a room, let us know who you prefer to share with.
Covid: EU COVID CERTIFICATE is mandatory (i.e. the proof of being vaccinated, recovered after COVID-19 or having a negative PCR test).
Get in touch with Olivia to express your interest by September 24th.