Published on 9th September 2020
Fast-growing rural agency Eve Communications is looking for a talented PR account manager to help deliver a fantastic service for its wide range of food and farming clients.
The successful candidate will be full of brilliant ideas that cut through the key communication channels, focusing on opportunities to maximise clients’ exposure across print, digital and social.
A confident, ambitious self-starter with exceptional writing skills and three years’ public relations experience – in-house or agency – will be perfectly suited to this job, and can continue to build their career working alongside dynamic, passionate individuals.
A good understanding of agriculture and food production is essential.
As the spectrum of communications continues to expand the successful applicant will manage several key accounts, working directly with clients to plan, create and deliver exceptional content.
Writing for various audiences and platforms will be a key element of the role, as will working with the company’s freelance associates to design artwork and other collateral.
But this is not just a traditional PR role – it offers the opportunity for the account manager to get hands-on with photography and video production while working with cutting-edge software to identify openings for publicity and to measure impact.
A competitive salary, Apple Macbook, iPhone and private health insurance are offered, plus 28 days holiday.
This full-time role is based near Daventry, Northamptonshire, but the business is currently operating remotely. Office-based days will be required once Covid restrictions have eased, but home working will be available. Occasional travel throughout the UK should be expected.
- Daily account management for a variety of PR clients
- Planning strategic PR campaigns
- Working with clients to prepare content for journalists
- Creating content for clients’ social media and digital channels
- Maintaining good relationships with journalists
- Identifying and acting on publicity opportunities for clients
- Researching and writing top-class editorial for rural publications and websites
- Capturing video and photography
- Analysing and reporting on campaign efficacy
- Writing editorial for blogs, newsletters and columns
- Planning and creating content to grow in-house social media profiles
- Representing Eve Communications at events
Eve Communications is looking for:
- A positive, ambitious attitude
- An excellent grasp of the English language
- A passion for the media, including social media
- Flair for creativity, strategic thinking and innovation
- A finger on the pulse of the key issues affecting agriculture and the rural community
- Superb organisational skills
- Image and video production experience helpful but not essential
Applicants with relevant degrees in public relations or media are preferred, or with PR qualifications from the PRCA or CIPR. However, experience in journalism or marketing could offer the transferable skills required for this role.
Eve Communications is a modern PR, marketing and content agency run by a small team and supported by a trusted band of freelance copywriters, videographers, editors, designers and photographers.
It has a broad client base spanning several membership organisations, a research institution, a global crop protection and seed company and a hugely popular farm park.
Established in 2013 the business has grown every year and is looking to expand to meet an increasing demand from new and existing clients.
Immediate start available.
For an informal chat about the role, or to apply, email Ben Pike or call 01327 438 617 / 07832168560
The deadline for applications is 24 September 2020. Applicants should submit a CV and short covering note explaining why they feel they are right for this role.