Published on 5th July 2018
AgriLand.co.uk is looking for a Technical (Agricultural) Journalist.
We are the fastest-growing digital agricultural news publisher in Europe. Following the launch of our standalone UK site – www.agriland.co.uk – we're looking to expand our UK editorial team.
If you are an energetic and enthusiastic and agricultural graduate, who wants to play an integral part in generating technical farming stories and in-depth features, then we can provide the opportunity.
Joining www.agriland.co.uk will mean working as part of a digital media team in a fast-paced environment.
- Reporting to the Editor, you will be expected to work with a technical team on relevant stories and content;Writing and proof-reading: You must be able to write factual, clean copy to tight deadlines;
- Ideas: Working as part of a team you will pitch and follow up ideas and original content.
- Production: The role will also see you involved in the production of a range of content for the website and social media channels.
- A knowledge of and passion for farming and agriculture;
- A graduate qualification in agricultural science or a related degree is essential;
- You must be able to demonstrate your ability to produce clean, factual copy to tight deadlines;
- Online writing experience is an advantage but not essential;
- You must be driven, hard-working and flexible;
- A driving license and own transport.
If you want to be part of a vibrant news desk with a national remit, send a CV and a cover letter (circa 250 words), explaining why you are a suitable candidate, to email@example.com.
For full details, download the PDF job advertisement
PLEASE QUOTE BRITISH GUILD OF AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISTS WHEN RESPONDING
Companies and other organisations can use this recruitment advertising service to put full vacancy details in front of the Guild's 350+ members involved in editing, journalism, photography and commercial marketing communications, including media and public relations. More details about this service are available on the Guild website here or by contacting Peter Hill.