Published on 1st September 2016
Agri-hub journalist / PR professional
Be part of our award-winning team…
Agri-hub is looking for a motivated agricultural journalist / PR professional to join its small but growing team in Devon. Producing expert-written content, features and news articles for the leading farming press, we also help agri-businesses to raise their profile with carefully targeted press releases and editorial.
The successful candidate will have excellent literacy skills and broad farming knowledge, and be able to work to tight deadlines both within a team and individually. They will also have an eye for detail, the ability to spot a newsworthy story, and the confidence to interview people from across the industry, from farmers to politicians and throughout the supply chain.
Roles will include:
- Writing features, news and business articles for mainstream farming publications.
- Liaising with PR clients to produce newsworthy press releases.
- Promoting and attending shows, conferences and other industry events.
- Working with editors to place clients’ articles appropriately.
- Producing newsletters and managing social media.
Skills will include:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A good knowledge of farming and rural affairs.
- Highly organised and motivated.
- Good computer and typing skills.
- Shorthand useful but not essential.
Agri-hub is based in beautiful countryside near Exeter in Devon. A small and friendly team, dog walking is a frequent feature of our lunch break, away from the hustle and bustle of suburbia but within close proximity to the city. Whether you are an experienced communications professional or just starting out on your career this is a superb opportunity to forge your own role in a rapidly growing business.
For more information or to apply, please contact Olivia Cooper on 01392 840009 or email email@example.com
VACANCY NOW FILLED
For full details, download the PDF job advertisement
For further information, visit the Agri-hub website: www.agri-hub.co.uk
PLEASE QUOTE BRITISH GUILD OF AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISTS WHEN RESPONDING
Companies and other organisations can use this recruitment advertising service to put full vacancy details in front of the Guild's 350+ members involved in editing, journalism, photography and commercial marketing communications, including media and public relations. More details about this service are available on the Guild website here or by contacting Peter Hill.