Published on 3rd March 2016
The Association of German Agricultural Journalists (VDAJ) has announced up to 10 stipends for qualified international journalists to participate in an exclusive programme prior to the IFAJ Congress 2016 in Bonn.
The stipend will cover costs, hotel and meals for the “Ag-Reporters” programme from 10-13 July, as well as the full IFAJ Congress from 14-17 July.
The “Ag-Reporters” theme is sustainable dairy farming. Participants will have the opportunity to learn about agricultural issues in Germany and beyond, engage with other international reporters and policy makers, and will join a professional development workshop.
Sunday, July 10: Participants arrive in Bonn, Germany.
Monday, July 11: Visits and research for media work, including visits of UN secretaries in Bonn, Research Center Frankenforst of the University of Bonn and a dairy farm. Evening program with a guided tour in Bonn.
Tuesday, July 12: Professional Workshop and media work, including a day-long workshop at Germany’s international broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW) with master students of the DW programs "International media studies" and "Technology and innovation communication."
Wednesday, July 13: Panel discussion - the Center of Development Research ZEF of the University of Bonn will conduct an international panel discussion "Sustainable solutions for Global Agriculture." Following the program, there will be time for interviews and reporting. Participants will then join the IFAJ Congress delegates for the welcome dinner.
Thursday to Sunday, July 14-17: Participants will join the IFAJ Congress 2016
Who can participate?
The program is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Working Journalists with a high interest in the topic of dairy farming (professional experience preferred).
- Under 35 years of age.
- Fluent in English (the entire program will be in English)
How to apply
- Write a short (no more than 500 words) summary of why you should be considered for the program, and how you would use the program to improve your professional development.
- Send the summary along with your CV (résumé), and sample copies of your media work (or links to your work), to:
Ms Christiane Löw, Verband Deutscher Agrarjournalisten VDAJ, Email: C.email@example.com
- Deadline for applications is March 31.
For additional information regarding the program, please contact Dr. Katharina Seuser via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.