Perkins Global Innovation Scholarship
The Perkins Engines Company underlined its commitment of support for Guild Members following the highly successful IFAJ Congress hosted by the British Guild of Agricultural journalists in 2014.
It did so by launching the Perkins Global Innovation Scholarship – a scholarship that supports international travel and professional development opportunities for Guild Members. The award is worth £5,000 in travel and accommodation.
The Perkins Global Innovation Scholarship is open to both journalists and communicators – giving Guild Members the opportunity to gain an excellent understanding of agriculture in the country they visit and its wider region.
The Perkins Global Innovation Scholarship supports international travel and professional development opportunities for members of the British Guild of Agricultural Journalists.
The objectives of the award are as follows:
- To support the professional development of the winner;
- To ensure strong social media, blog and post-trip media coverage of the winner’s findings;
- To enhance links and networking between the British Guild and journalists/communicators in the host country.
Expectations are that winners will:
- Keep a blog during their trip;
- Document the trip before, during and after on social media
- Include good photography and/or video from the trip;
- Maximise post-trip media coverage;
- Write a short post-trip ‘reflections’ report;
- Present a report about their trip at a BGAJ event.
Perkins Engines Co Ltd has supported annual travel scholarships to study and report on farming innovation in Brazil (2016) and China (2017), giving winners the opportunity to gain an excellent understanding of agriculture in the country visited and its wider region.
Perkins Engines Co Ltd has been a leader in the manufacture of diesel engines since 1932 and is a global manufacturer and supplier of diesel power solutions for agricultural, construction, earth moving and industrial vehicles, as well as marine and emergency back-up power applications. The company’s headquarters plant is in Peterborough.