Published on 2nd February 2019
The Guild’s awards are both renowned and highly respected, being well supported by members keen to gain the profile and professional recognition they offer to winning and short-listed entries.
They celebrate the best in journalistic expertise, photographic skill, writing prowess, media outreach and use of a range of channels including in-print, digital and broadcast.
Published through the Guild’s e-alerts, the awards are opened throughout the course of the year and presented during one of the Guild’s networking occasions, which are typically very well attended.
Prizes are kindly sponsored by a variety of businesses and agricultural bodies.
An exception is for the Guild’s most prestigious Netherthorpe Communicator of the Year award.
In place of a monetary reward, the winning nomination has the honour of their name engraved on the infamous ‘crowing cockerel’ trophy that’s displayed in the Farmers' Club bar year round.
The only other exception is the Stuart Seaton award, which offers only the prestige of the award itself.
Our current portfolio of awards is as listed on our website here, with sponsorship designed to fund the prizes and administration costs.
Additional opportunities may rise when a sponsor vacancy becomes available.
Sponsors are sought for:
- A new PR award
- An animal health and welfare award
- Photography / multi-media award
- Association with prestigious Guild award
- Take part in the judging panel
- Make the award presentation during a Guild event
- Photographs from the awards presentation
- Contribute to BGAJ member professional development
- Promote standards of excellence in agricultural communications
- Demonstrate support for the agricultural media community
Packages range from £500 to £3,000 and new awards can be tailored to focus on areas of interest to individual sponsors.
New award sponsorship packages include a £150 administration fee, in addition to the prize fund.