The Guild’s membership includes editors, journalists broadcasters, photographers and PR/marketing specialists working in agriculture, commercial horticulture and other rural industries.
Becoming a member of the Guild offers whole host of benefits, including:
- Making connections and network with members and industry representatives our one of our many events, including meet-ups and national and regional farming shows, and our flagship Harvest Lunch
- The chance to win one of the Guild’s prestigious awards, with cash prizes available for journalism, broadcasting, public relations and photography
- Opportunities to learn new skills and keep up-to-date with developments in the sector through our program of training and professional development.
- The chance to apply for travel scholarships and unique overseas experiences, providing opportunities to create content from around the world
- Your own copy of the Guild Yearbook – an invaluable handbook providing member details, their professional interests and services
- A free listing on the Guild’s Farming Media Centre – a searchable database of members’ services and areas of expertise
- Associate membership of the International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) and European Network of Agricultural Journalists (ENAJ), giving you access to other journalists around the world
- Monthly eAlerts updating you on Guild events, awards, training initiatives and BGAJ members
- Notification of the latest job vacancies from across the world of agricultural journalism and communications
- Support from the Guild’s Charitable Trust should you face financial difficulties through ill-health or loss of work
Full member – For anyone who works in agricultural journalism, publishing, public relations, photography, or operates in a communications role within a manufacturing, service or supply organisation.
Friend – Open to anyone with an interest in agricultural communications, but doesn’t qualify as a full member hose who do not qualify.
Student – Available to anyone studying a relevant course.
Retired – For members who are no longer actively engaged in their profession.
If you need help deciding which membership to apply for, email our membership team.
How to apply
Annual Guild membership costs £85, or £42.50 for Student membership.
To apply to join, you will need to provide the name and email address of an existing member who has agreed to support your application.