Published on 10th July 2020
The Midlands Branch of the British Guild of Agricultural Journalists is delighted to invite all members to a special insight event next Thursday evening, 16 July, at 6pm.
Long-standing Guild member and former treasurer Tim Price, who stepped down from full-time employment with the NFU Mutual last year to operate on a freelance basis, is set to share his learnings from making the switch from journalism to public relations.
The Zoom event is free for any member to join and Tim will cover topics such as:
- Poacher turned gamekeeper – the advantages of understanding what journalists need and how they work
- Nurturing relationships with editors and journalists
- Adapting to working with clients who have a very different mindset and objectives to the media
- Being a critical friend - what clients think is a great story is often not the reality
- Working to journalists’ timescales
- Managing expectations
Any much more!
Tim led the NFU Mutual communiations team which won the inaugural BGAJ National PR Award 2019 before setting up Pricewrite Communications.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the digital meeting.
Check your latest e-alert and the WhatsApp group for joining instructions.