Published on 27th June 2011
A few places are available for the Guild’s second CPD event on the skills, techniques and equipment required for making, editing and posting videos to the web. It’s being held on Friday – July 1 – at The Farmers Club,London.
“We decided to repeat this course following a triumphant first event in May,” says organiser and Midlands Guild chairman, Julie Mate. “Feedback from that course has been excellent, with those taking part saying how much they got out of it and giving it the thumbs up to colleagues.”
The half-day course, running from 2.30pm to 6.00pm, is designed to provide practical information about what works and what doesn’t in relation to making videos for the web, whilst also bringing members bang up to date with the kit required to produce good quality videos at relatively low cost.
“The hands-on nature of the training, with most delegates using equipment they already have, means everyone leaves with sufficient skills to start filming straight away,” says Julie. “Many of the Guild members at our first course did just that, filming at scheduled events or just experimenting with the media for future on-line possibilities.”
To find out what fellow members thought about the course, visit the Midlands region page of the website.
To book a place for Friday’s event, contact Julie Mate as soon as possible. At £65, the course represents excellent value for money.
Course content to include:
- Recording equipment - types, prices, possibilities and drawbacks of different recorders
- Practicalities of filming - making the most of environment/light/sound, frame, what to film, planning content and structure
- Presentation skills - what to and what not to do
- Post-production - editing, chaptering, technology and techniques
- Loading to the web - YouTube or to embedding in your own URL
- Further skills - considering writing and delivering narration
Practical film-making session – please bring your own film recorders.
Date: Friday, 1st July 2011
Time: 2.30pm – 6.00pm
Venue: The Farmers Club,3 Whitehall Court,LondonSW1A 2EL
Cost: £65.00 per person
Places must be booked by 4pm Tuesday, June 28.
Contact Julie Mate on Tel. 07775 847123, or Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Download further details here.