Lewis Business Media are seeking an experienced journalist to lead the editorial team for one of its agricultural titles, Agronomist and Arable Farmer (AAF). AAF is a growing and well-respected monthly publication and website that delivers news, analysis, comment and technical features for growers and their agronomists.
This is a key and varied role in a growing business with an exciting future. You will work with the existing content team to improve the quality and quantity of content produced both in print and on our digital channels.
As the Editor, you will be a confident and opinionated writer able to create engaging articles on the topic of arable farming as well as being a competent editor. You will set the editorial strategy in conjunction with the group editor and publisher and deliver that strategy.
You will also have an in-depth knowledge of SEO and utilise this knowledge to create engaging and traffic generating content. Responsibilities will also include contributing to the title’s social content strategy and output.
You will have a keen interest in farming and farming policy and be able communicate the effect of government policies on the agriculture sector. You will be attracted to the idea of becoming a champion of the sector, using the magazine’s print and digital platform to promote it and highlight its priorities.
You will be familiar with on farm practices and be able to translate technical information into easily digestible content.
Skills / Experience
- Experience of creating original copy for both print and digital media.
- Experience of subbing copy and making pages ready for print.
- Experience of subbing copy for digital publication, factoring in SEO considerations.
- Demonstrable use of major social media platforms and related scheduling software.
- Knowledge of key search engine optimisation factors affecting content publications.
- Experience of creating multimedia content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and a meticulous attention to detail.
- A results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence content.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe suite and social media platforms.
- Committed team player.
- Experience of working with WordPress & WYSIWYG email newsletter dispatch tools (desirable)
- Experience using Google Analytics to inform and improve content and conversion (desirable)
Legal status & hours
The role could be on an employed or freelance basis and either full or part time.
LBM was launched in February 2012 with one employee and zero products. The LBM group of companies has quickly grown to 25 employees and a network of 20 freelance consultants. Currently we publish nine business to business magazines, two yearbooks, eight websites, six award schemes, seven conferences and more innovations and acquisitions are planned. LBM is a company going places fast.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com, Alistair Driver, Group Editor, Lewis Business Media.