The International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) has announced the call for nominations for the IFAJ-Alltech International Award for Leadership in Agricultural Journalism.
The award will be presented during ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference, held from 17-19 May 2020 in Lexington, Kentucky, USA.
Now in its second year, this global award recognises excellence and leadership demonstrated by young journalists within their IFAJ guilds.
Journalists aged 40 years or younger by 31 December 2019 can apply, the global winner will be selected by an international committee based on their journalistic achievements and the leadership they demonstrate within their guild.
The global winner receives complimentary registration and a travel stipend to attend ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference.
The British Guild is limited to one submission.
Please contact Jane Craigie if you are interested in being put forward for the award, including the following details:
1. Your name, employer and contact details
2. Your biography
3. Please supply three examples of your work
4. Please list any leadership roles you have or have had in your guild, industry or community (up to 300 words)
5. Have you won any awards or earned any diplomas? Please tell us about them. (up to 300 words)
6. Open mic: what would you like to say about yourself, agricultural journalism and leadership? (up to 300 words
7. Please include a statement of support from an editor, supervisor or other appropriate reference person. (up to 300 words)
If you are selected as the nominee you will be required to contribute a 500-word story or three-minute video about your experiences at ONE: The Alltech Ideas Conference to the IFAJ newsletter and/or website, 30 days after the event. You will also be requested to share any coverage resulting from your participation.
If you are selected as the IFAJ-Alltech International Award for Leadership in Agricultural Journalism nominee, you will be awarded a stipend to cover the costs of registration and travel to the 2020 Alltech Ideas Conference in Lexington, Kentucky, USA. You must be able to attend the event from May 17-19, 2020 in order to receive the award.