Agri-hub is looking for a motivated agricultural journalist / PR professional to join its small but growing team. We produce expert-written content, features and news articles for the leading farming press, as well as editing a prominent dairy magazine. We also help a wide range of agri-businesses to raise their profile with everything from ad-hoc press releases to fully integrated campaigns, events and social media management.
The successful candidate will have excellent literacy skills and broad farming knowledge, and be able to work to tight deadlines both within a team and individually. They will be professional at all times, creative and dynamic, with an eye for detail. Ideally, they will have the ability to spot a newsworthy story, and the confidence to interview people from across the industry, from farmers to politicians and throughout the supply chain. However, training will be provided, tailored to the successful applicant’s level of experience – we are open to applications from both well-established writers and new entrants to the industry.
Roles will include (depending on experience):
- Creating and implementing PR strategies and campaigns.
- Helping to grow and strengthen the business, both individually and within the team.
- Promoting and attending shows, conferences and other industry events.
- Writing and editing features, news and business articles for mainstream farming publications.
- Organising and managing deadlines for effective workflow across the team.
- Pitching and editing articles / managing social media.
Skills will include:
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- A good knowledge of farming and rural affairs.
- Highly organised and motivated.
- Good people management / team working.
- Excellent computer and typing skills.
- Ability to take and edit photos and videos.
Agri-hub is based in beautiful countryside near Exeter in Devon. A small and friendly team, dog walking is a frequent feature of our lunch break, away from the hustle and bustle of suburbia but within close proximity to the city. However, there is the option to work remotely, depending on experience.
While ideally this would be a full-time position, we will consider part-time for the right candidate. With a competitive salary of up to £40k depending on experience, this is a superb opportunity to forge your own role in a rapidly growing business.
For more information or to apply, please contact Olivia Cooper on 01392 840009 or email email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: Friday 14th Oct.