Guild Members are invited to submit expressions of interest to attend an arable crop production Field Day in Turkey.
Originating in Germany, Field Day events provide a hands-on insight into crop production, with participation from a range of experts and exhibitors.
They aim to provide farmers and advisers with valuable decision-making information by showcasing crop varieties, new production techniques, plant protection products, live machinery demonstrations and research in action.
The German organisation DLG (which is responsible for Agritechnica) is extending a limited number of invitations to members of the International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) on a first come first served basis to participate in its Field Day events in Turkey this year.
Guild Members are automatically IFAJ Members by virtue of their BGAJ Membership and are thus invited to apply to attend the event.
The event is being held 120km from Istanbul in Luleburgaz-Turkey from 9-12 May 2018.
Organisers will cover hotel accommodation for two nights. There will be an English interpreter. Upon request, additional field/farm visits could be organised (arable and/or livestock), including to the nearby HATTAT tractor factory.
- Participants will arrive on 8 May and stay for two nights.
- More than 107 different wheat varieties, 35 different forage crops, Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, quinoa and various certificated seeds in field plots, with a total of 250 different variety plots
- A special event for drone technologies
- Universities will present their smart technologies
- Associations of Seed Producers to organize panels about certified seed use
- Tractors and Agricultural Machinery in action, with live machinery demonstrations
- Automatic steering will be another topic. Live demonstrations and presentation will take place
- Confirmed ‘big name’ exhibitors include Bayer, BASF, SumiAgro, Adama, alongside domestic names
More information can be found on the Tarla Gunleri website.
If you are interested in being added to the invitation list, please e-mail the IFAJ Global Office firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 April.
Please note that places are limited and asking to be included on the invitation list does not automatically mean your place is guaranteed.