Do you want to get more involved with the IFAJ but don’t know where to start? It’s easier than you might think!
The International Federation of Agricultural Journalists is an umbrella organisation of guilds and associations of agricultural journalists and communicators around the world. It is committed to expanding and enhancing its activities as an open platform for agricultural journalists and communicators to support free, fair and independent agricultural journalism worldwide through networking and professional development.
As a BGAJ member, you are automatically a member of the IFAJ, and can therefore sit on any of its sub-committees, and help to shape it activities. So if you have an interest in any of the following areas and would like to get involved, you’d be very welcome.
- Professional development – organising physical and virtual CPD and engaging members from around the world.
- Membership and benefits outreach – engaging new guilds, expanding member benefits and getting members involved in IFAJ activities.
- Communications – ensuring members know what is on offer through the IFAJ, through newsletters, emails, the website and other channels.
- Finance and partnership – securing sponsorship and partnerships to enable the IFAJ to offer a wide range of opportunities to members at affordable rates.
- Host country liaison – helping host countries to organise and manage the annual congress, learning from past experiences and streamlining the process.
- Freedom of the press – working to ensure freedom of the press around the world and supporting journalists who are operating in challenging or dangerous conditions.
The committees meet at least twice a year, which may be online or in person at the annual congress.
If you would like to get involved or find out more, please email Olivia Cooper on firstname.lastname@example.org.