Marketing, Communications & Events Executive, RSABI (Full time)
Responsible to Head of Fundraising
Location: Home-based with routine requirement to be in the office at the Rural Centre, Ingliston, near Edinburgh with some travel in Scotland and the UK
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Main Purpose of Job:
The main purpose of the job is to support the RSABI team to raise the profile of the important work the charity undertakes to provide emotional, practical and financial support to individuals and their families across the agricultural sector, including farming and crofting. The role also plays a vital role in assisting with the fundraising which helps to underpin the work of the charity.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Planning: Responsible for drafting and delivering a strategy for the effective delivery of marketing, communications and events for RSABI.
Social media: Manage our social media channels and take a leading role in the collation and publication of appropriate content for use on social media, including copy and photography etc. Respond to queries raised via social media. Identifies opportunities to develop infographics and other materials to effective communicate RSABI messages via social media.
Agency: Acts as the main day-to-day point of contact for any agencies or freelancers RSABI works with to deliver its public relations, marketing and design content.
Media activity: Planning and delivery of content such as press releases and features, ensuring the content is accurate and timely.
Press office: Delivers a press office function, responding to all queries from the media in a professional and timely fashion.
Website: Devises strategies to drive online traffic to the website; including writing content and articles, sourcing copy and photography/videography in order to produce engaging and relevant content
E-bulletin: Compiles our quarterly e-bulletin and newsletter and tracks and encourages engagement with our existing supporters and members
Marketing materials: Takes a lead role in planning, developing, publishing and launching suitable, engaging marketing materials in support of RSABI campaigns, using an analytical mindset and strategic thinking. Manage the promotion of our activities across online communities including direct emails utilising our CRM and MailChimp.
Digital marketing: Uses and reports on digital marketing and metrics tools including Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Hootsuite, search engine optimisation (SEO), electronic surveys and email marketing.
Events: Takes a lead role in co-ordinating RSABI’s presence at key events throughout the year to ensure a professional profile and maximise opportunities for messaging, recruiting supporters and increasing awareness of the work undertaken by the charity.
Partnerships: Take a lead role in developing and enhancing key partnerships and maximises collaboration opportunities for RSABI.
Visual media: Planning and producing video content with external production companies and ensuring a strong bank of photography.
Budget: Manages a modest budget and ensures value for money for RSABI marketing and communications activities.
In addition, the role may require the successful applicant to, on occasion, support the delivery of a range of other RSABI work.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
We need you to:
- Have flawless writing and communication skills
- Be a strong team member
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office applications (including Office 365), CRMs, MailChimp and other digital applications.
- Have great attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Have the ability to juggle multiple projects with excellent time management skills
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally
- Have a proactive and motivated mind-set and willingness to always go the extra mile
- Have experience creating and driving successful social media campaigns
- Have experience writing content for blog posts/articles
We’d like you to have (but not essential):
- Sales skills – the ability to engage with people and turn them into sales opportunities. You need to know how to sell by generating lead opportunities for the development team
- A background or degree in marketing, PR, communications, journalism or similar.
- Knowledge of farming/crofting.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- 34 days of annual leave.
- Hands-on experience and ongoing support and guidance from our CEO
- Time in lieu for any agreed overtime you do.
- Flexible working hours and location (where possible).
- Enrolment to our contributory pension scheme.
- An opportunity like no other to work in an excellent team for an exceptional Scottish charity.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV along with a covering letter expressing why you are interested in the role to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday May 12, 2023.