The 2022 PR Writer of the Year Award 2022 is open for entries
PR Writer of the Year, now in its second year, is open to all PR professionals who work in the agricultural sector and carries a £250 prize.
Entries for the award will be judged on how well the author has delivered newsworthiness and/or technical content despite the PR purpose of the piece, as well as conciseness and consistency of quality, clarity of writing and style. The judging panel will consist of editors and journalists.
Oxtale PR founder Amy Jackson has kindly offered a prize pot of £250 for the winning entry.
Last year’s award was won by Adrian Bell for a press release placed and written on behalf of Levity Crop Science to promote the importance of a ‘smart’ fertiliser developed by Levity.
Email your entry complete with a PDF or word document with a description of the piece and how it meets the rules of entry criteria (below) to BGAJ awards secretary Olivia Midgley email@example.com.
The closing date for entries is September 2, 2022.
Entries can be received in two ways: from the author or from the receiving journalist/editor.
Entries submitted by PR authors:
- A press release or written feature article for a client or organisation you work for, submitted by email as a Word or PDF attachment
- Issued or published within the last 12 months – please provide the date
- Accompanied by a brief description of the PR aim for the piece of writing, the end target audience, and the target media
Entries nominated by journalists/editors:
- A press release or written feature article you have received from a PR author, submitted by email as a Word or PDF attachment
- Received or published within the last 12 months – please provide the date
- Accompanied by a brief description of why you have nominated this piece of writing alongside recognition of its background PR purpose
Please advise the author you are submitting their writing for this award.