MWR Media Ltd Editor/Journalist
MWR Media Ltd is looking for a new editor/journalist to join the editorial team responsible for Pro Operator magazine and their website at www.eioperator.com
Working closely with the current Editor, you will be responsible for a range of writing and editorial responsibilities for a range of clients within the farm machinery sector. This will include working with PR clients editing technical brochures and writing social media content; supplying content for publishing clients which will include researching subject matter, finding sources and establishing contacts, writing up content and providing picture content to execute the brief; editing machinery guides; providing written content for their own website to update and inform farm sprayer operators and working with industry experts to supply content for their online training courses for members of the National Register of Sprayer Operators (NRoSO) scheme.
The role will involve:
- Planning and managing the content of both the magazine and website
- Generating content for articles and courses from own research, writing and sourced contacts
- Liaising with industry experts and boards and establishing sound professional relationships
- Regularly uploading content to the website
- Working with layout and production team
- Working closely with the marketing manager to maximise advertising revenues
- Travel around the UK and Europe to relevant events and product launches
- Regular travel to Cornwall where they are based, to work with the Editor
We are looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate a passion for farm machinery
- Write technical content in a clear and concise manner
- Work to deadlines
- Manage multiple projects and work under pressure
- Work independently and professionally at home without supervision
- Take great photographs
- Excellent writing and interviewing skills
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an ability to effectively extract key information
- Experience of the agricultural machinery sector as a user or writer
- Qualification in journalism or communications or relevant industry experience
- Preferred, demonstrable previous experience in the role of journalist or editor showing an ability to write, commission and process content to deadlines
- A natural flair for the written word, have an eye for detail and a strict regard for facts
- Use a camera to take professional standard pictures
- Have a high degree of personal pride in their work, willing to accept criticism and constantly striving to improve
- Team player, friendly and able to work in a dynamic business environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of the digital and social media landscape
- Knowledge of website content uploading
- Confident, outgoing personality with good sense of humour and great interpersonal skills
Salary and responsibilities will be commensurate with experience. The company would welcome applications from those starting out in their journalism career if they have the right background in relevant sectors, such as a farm sprayer operator, right up to those with considerable experience in the publishing sector.
Established in 2002, MWR Media Ltd has been trading successfully for eighteen years within the agricultural information sector delivering high quality content for PR clients like Massey Ferguson, Fendt and the AGCO Corporation. They have worked with clients including Farmers Weekly, Crop Production Magazine, Misset Uitgeverij B.V. (Future Farming) and Farmers Guardian as well as editorial consultancy services to Sundial Magazines Ltd and Profi International.
They have worked closely with the Voluntary Initiative and NRoSO Board since 2007 supplying their members with technical application advice as part of the NRoSO scheme. Having a unique understanding and knowledge of the spraying sector has enabled them to grow the business in this area in particular.
In 2009 they developed Pro Operator magazine which has since become the official magazine for the NRoSO membership. More recently, they launched Ei Operator with a move to online information and training. All courses are accredited by both NRoSO and BASIS. They are now the biggest provider of online training to UK sprayer operators.
They are a niche business, with a unique insight into the farm machinery sector with a reputation as providers of accurate, independent, trustworthy information with their success based on reputation, customer care and industry expertise.
Pro Operator and Ei Operator are the registered trademarks of MWR Media Ltd.
Other Skills and Requirements
- Proficient in Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Experience of image editing software e.g Adobe Photoshop or similar
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Own your own car suitable for regular, reliable travel associated with the job
- Valid passport for international travel
This is a home working role that requires you to have;
- Excellent broadband internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Your own office desk and chair
- A place to work that is quiet and distraction free and has a reliable electricity supply.
MWR Media Ltd can if necessary, supply equipment including PC Computer, web camera, headset/speaker, digital camera and necessary software applications and licences.
We strive to ensure that opportunities to work at MWR Media Ltd are fair, inclusive, and open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any other equality characteristic.
All applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English and have the right to work in the UK.
Schedule/flexible working policy
We believe it is very important to have a good work-life balance, so MWR Media Ltd supports flexible working arrangements.
- Job Type: Remote Working. Full-time, permanent
- Salary: £25,000-£45,000 per year (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave (+8 bank holidays) plus Christmas shutdown from 23rd to 27th December inclusive.
- Workplace pension
- Flexible / work from home
- Business expenses and mileage allowance
- Homeworking allowance
Please send full CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role and why you want the job, to email@example.com
All the information can be found on the website at https://www.eioperator.com/wanted-journalist-editor/
Please note, due to the possible volume of responses, if you do not hear from us within 28 days, then on this occasion your CV was unsuccessful.
- Application deadline: midnight 31/10/22
- Reference ID: J/E001
- Expected start date: 15th February 2023