Join fellow Guild members for a very special evening of music, food, drink and socialising as we move our 2020 harvest celebrations online.
The Harvest Lunch is the flagship event in the British Guild of Agricultural Jounalists’ calendar – we simply couldn’t let Covid take it away from you all.
So we’ve come up with a fabulous way of enjoying all that’s great about the event, but from a safe distance.
Join us via Zoom on Thursday 8 October at 6pm for a much-deserved evening of music, food, drink, networking and celebrations.
Tickets are £35 and available now on Eventbrite.
Leading rural insurer NFU Mutual has kindly partnered with the Guild to be the premier sponsor for the event.
Each ticket holder will be sent a delicious cheese and wine (or beer) tasting pack from The Courtyard Dairy and experts will offer tasting notes at different times throughout the event.
During a short harvest service, music will be performed by the wonderful choir of St Bride’s Church, London, which usually performs for the Guild each autumn.
Award winners will then be announced, followed by a raffle with the usual high standard of prizes.
All through the event you’ll be able to enter different breakout rooms to catch up with friends and network with new faces.
The whole event is likely to run for 90 minutes, although members will be able to stay online for longer in the breakout rooms.
All proceeds from the event will be donated to the Guild’s Charitable Trust – a charity that continues to play a vital role in supporting our members when they need it.
Further sponsorship comes from Certis and John Deere, for which the Guild is extremely grateful.
Ticket sales close on 24 September to allow time for postage. We look forward to seeing you there.
What you need to know:
- Choose your ticket: a cheese hamper from The Courtyard Dairy with wine, beer or on its own.
- Enter your address and the hamper will be posted to you before the event.
- You’ll be sent a Zoom link and password to join the event on 8 October 2020.
- You will be treated to a short harvest service including music from St Bride’s Choir.
- Tasting of the cheese will take place throughout the event.
- Awards will be presented to winning journalists and communicators.
- You can join separate breakout rooms to mingle with friends and new contacts.
With thanks to our Supporter Sponsors: