BGAJ members are being given the chance to update their digital journalism skills thanks to a special five-week online training course being offered by the Guild.
Acclaimed journalism trainer and blogger Adam Tinworth (pictured) will lead the weekly sessions, which will cover subjects including audience engagement, headline writing, and producing videos for social media.
Adam, who teaches digital journalism and audience engagement skills to Masters students at City, University of London and has provided training to national titles including The Telegraph and The Financial Times, will also share his tips on writing newsletters and understanding online metrics.
The first 90-minute session will begin at midday on Tuesday, 28 February, and repeat every Tuesday for the following five weeks.
Recordings will be made available online for those that can’t make the sessions, with links sent to people who have registered.
Adam will also be available between workshops to answer any questions.
Tickets for the training course are priced at just £50 for the full five weeks for BGAJ members. Non-members are also welcome to sign-up for a fee of £75.
Buy your ticket via Eventbrite here.
The five-part course will cover:
- (Week 1: 28 February) Audience and engagement: How to find attention in an attention-poor age.
- (Week 2: 7 March) SEO: How to write better headlines and achieve on-page optimisation.
- (Week 3: 14 March) Newsletters: What makes a great newsletter and how to achieve good open rates.
- (Week 4: 21 March) Social Video: Producing and editing videos for social.
- (Week 5: 28 March) Test and Learn: Understanding what online metrics matter.