For the first time in three years, British Guild members can take part in the ENAJ’s AGM and press trip, with Venice the venue for the 2022 event.
‘Farming in the Lagoon’ is the trip’s theme, with an opportunity to see at first-hand the intricacies and features of farming in this unique ecosystem – the largest wetland area in the Mediterranean.
Taking place from 30th September to 2nd October, the two-night trip will include farms and vineyards, meetings with the irrigation experts who administer the area, and visits to historical sites.
The full programme:
Friday 30th September
- Arrive in Cavallino Treporti (by bus or motorboat), via Treviso or Venice airports or Venice railway station
- 18.00 – Welcome: facts and figures about lagoon farming
- 19.30 – Cycling activity
- 20.30 – Dinner
Saturday 1st October
- 09.30 – Travel by bus to farms. Visit the fields, meet with farmers
- 12.30 – Lunch
- 14.00 – Meeting with irrigation experts in “Batteria Pisani”, an ancient military protection against Venice’s enemies
- 15.30 – Travel by bus through the “barenas” in Lio Piccolo
- 18.00 – AGM in the City Hall
- 20.30 – Gala dinner
Sunday 2nd October
- 09.30 – Departure by motorboat to San Michele Island and visit the lagoon vineyards
- 12.30 – Lunch in the fields
- 13.30 – Departure from San Michele Island to airports and train stations
As an associate member, the British Guild can send up to two delegates. In addition to airfares, delegates must pay a fee of €150 for a shared room or €250 for a single room.
Subject to availability, non-delegate places are also available for €300 (shared) or €350 (single).
Interested? Please email Adrian Bell, ENAJ representative, at email@example.com, before August 29.