Are you an experienced digital journalist and editor, looking to take the reins and drive content development strategy? Do you envision yourself spearheading a brand-new online platform, becoming the “face” of the brand and the ‘go-to’ editorial expert within the industry?
William Reed’s new launch will be in the thriving AgTech sector, providing news on global innovation, investment, and regulation.
We are looking for an experienced editor to lead the growth of this new site, cultivating authority and visibility within the market.
The successful candidate would be eligible to work part of the week from our office in Crawley, West Sussex, and to work remotely for the rest of the week
- Identifying core editorial themes, topics and business-critical insights to make the title stand out from the competition and become a ‘must-read’ for the sector.
- Delivering high quality daily editorial content in multi-media and written formats.
- Drive the brand’s social media strategy and contribute to reader / registrant growth
- Proposing new brand extensions and brand development opportunities and implementing where required.
- Collaborating with sales, marketing and event managers within a framework of editorial integrity.
- Attend key agri-tech and agri-food industry trade events and conferences, actively engaging and developing relationships with key industry figures.
- Edit website copy and commission freelance content where required.
- Identify partnership opportunities with regional and global trade associations, industry groups, NGOs.
- Organise topics / briefs / speakers for potential brand extensions (special editions, online / F2F events, awards, workshops etc.)
- Raise the brand profile and recognition levels by accepting speaker opportunities, interview requests, panels session invites.
- Equally adept at producing written content that engages and informs, as well as creating dynamic multimedia experiences that resonate with the audience. Proficient in seamlessly switching between written articles, videos, infographics, and podcasts to effectively convey complex B2B concepts and ideas.
- Confident public speaker; leading discussions, panels, and presentations that drive meaningful conversations and facilitate knowledge exchange.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation, while demonstrating exceptional diplomacy, networking, and interpersonal skills. Able to work autonomously when needed, and also thrive in cross-departmental collaborations, fostering a harmonious and productive work environment.
- Strong business sense and experience of covering fast-paced, global developments.
- Good knowledge of social media channels, leveraging platforms to amplify content reach, engage audiences, and foster meaningful interactions.
- Experience of growing a new title / media initiative, or knowledge of the wider agri and food industries would be beneficial but is not essential.
For further information and to apply, visit Editor – William Reed (william-reed.com)